I can send you a list of everything currently for sale in
Summit County, just ask.
1. Watch hang gliders come off Blue Ridge at Green Mountain Reservoir, or drive up to William's Fork and watch them take off ( or for the more adventurous, join in the thrill yourself.)
2. Water ski in the Green Mountain Reservoir. (Probably a bit nippy but helps with the exhileration factor.)
3. Hike around Cataract Lake. A fairly easy mile and a quarter loop hike to Cataract Waterfall.
4. Snag for Kokanee salmon in September by Prairie Point Campground.
5. Rent a Pontoon Boat and enjoy a picnic lunch on Green Mountain Reservoir.
6. Cross Country ski at the top of Spring Creek Road.
7. Snowmobile on the reservoir.
8. Fly fish on the Blue River, it is all catch and release.
9. Kayak down the Blue River.
10. Shop at the Factory Stores if you are not into all the sports activities.
11. Sample local microbrew beers from the 5 microbreweries located throughout Summit County.
12. Watch for bald eagles.
13. View the family of Osprey who reside at Lake Dillon.
14. Hike to the Old Dillon Reservoir and check out the views of both lakes at once.
15. Watch the hawks ride the thermal winds near the Old Reservoir.
16. Look for families of beavers who build their dams throughout Summit County.
17. Ice fish on Lake Dillon.
18. On Summer Thursday nights, catch Nature Night at the Lake Dillon Amphitheatre.
19. Catch a play at one of Summit Counties two theatre houses.
20. On Summer Saturday nights, see a variety of bands at Lake Dillon Amphitheatre.
21. Go to a Summer outdoor church service at Lake Dillon Amphitheatre.
22. Visit the Old Dillon Schoolhouse which is now a museum in Dillon. (It was one of the buildings moved from the Old Dillon when the reservoir was built.)
23. Check out Frisco's Historic Park, which consists of buildings from Summit County's past, along with a small museum.
24. Ice skate at Keystone Lake.
25. Watch the Zamboni fall into Keystone Lake. (It truly is an almost yearly event.)
26. Treat yourself to dinner at the Alpen Glo Stube', the highest 4 star restaurant in the US. Includes 2 gondala rides to get to the top and fuzzy slippers to warm your toes.
27. Cross country ski to Peru Creek then eat Dinner at the Ski Tip Ranch, the original home of Max and Edna Dercum, Summit County Pioneers.
28. Night Ski at Keystone, a little less crowded and a lot faster.
29. Go Tubing at Keystone or Copper, complete with a tow rope to the top of the hill so you don't have to hike.
30. Eat dinner at the Fondue Chessel at the top of Keystone mountain and delight yourself while listening to the accordion antics of their Austrian band.
31. In the summer, go to the Celtic Festival held in River Run at Keystone.
32. Apres' Ski at the Last Lift Bar in Keystone Mountain house and hear the famous and hilarious local band "The Swing Crew".
33. Bicycle, Rollerblade or walk around Lake Dillon.
34. Spend a night camping on the shores of Lake Dillon at one of the campsites.
35. Drive up Loveland Pass to get a good view of the Continental Divide - also a great picture taking opportunity.
36. Ski "The Legend - A-Basin".
37. Ride the lift up to the top of Keystone Mountain with your bike, the ride the trails down. (this is done only during the summer months)
38. Spend some time on the paddle boats at the Lake in Keystone.
39. For the game oriented, visit the teen center in Keystone and try your hand at their array of video games.
40. Go on a dinner sleigh ride @ Keystone. (includes a horse drawn sleigh ride, dinner/drinks and entertainment) Fun for the whole family.
41. For the western loving bunch, Kick up your heels at the weekly Barn Dances in Keystone.
42. Enjoy a hay ride in during the summer months.
43. Go horseback riding.
44. Golf at the Ranch or the River Course in Keystone.
45. What about the Frisco Barbeque Challenge? Judge, be a contestant or just enjoy the great food.
46. Music on Main. Held in Frisco and featuring local artists along with bands from other areas.
47. Check out the Corvette rally which is a yearly event in Frisco, bring your own Corvette or view all the others which are displayed on Main Street in Frisco.
48. For something different, watch Ski Jouring in Frisco.
49. Ride your bike along Ten Mile Creek from Frisco to Copper.
50. Play golf at Copper's Copper Creek Golf Club.
51. Visit over Labor Day weekend @ Copper Mountain.
52. Participate in "Ride the Rockies" .
53. Go to Frisco Elementary Playground - "Fantasy Fun Ground" It's one of a kind and your kids will love it.
54. Rent a canoe, kayak or sailboat from Frisco or Dillon Marina.
55. Rent a catamaran for a full party day with all your friends.
56. Play a round of golf at the challenging Raven Golf Course.
57. Visit the tiki Bar to watch the sun go down on Lake Dillon.
58. Watch the Dillon Regatta.
59. Follow the balloons which fly over the Continental Divide from Breckenridge.
60. Have a fun week of festivities during Ullr Fest ( the god of snow) which is held in Breckenridge during the last week of January.
61. Watch the snow sculptures work wonders in the international snow sculpting contest held in Breckenridge in January.
62. To get you in the holiday spirit, attend Frisco's Old Fashioned Christmas which consists of lots of activities including the town tree lighting.
63. Be amazed by the Copper Mountains Ski Torch Ceremony.
64. Enjoy ice-skating at the indoor year-round Stephen C. West Ice Arena located in Breckenridge.
65. Ski the Imperial Bowl Challenge held in Breckenridge.
66. Test your endurance in the Montezuma's Revenge bike race (a grueling 24 hour bike race)
67. If you like to ski fast- - enter A-Basin's Enduro ski race.
68. Enter or watch the hilarity of the cardboard sled races at Arapahoe Basin.
69. Pay a visit to Montezuma , an old mountain town.
70. Go to the "beach" at A-basin for a fun day of sun, BBQ, skiing and festivities.
71. Ride the rapids on a rafting trip down the Colorado, Blue or Arkansas.
72. For the movie lover, attend the Breckenridge Film Festival, catch some new great movies and maybe catch a glimpse of a celebrity.
73. For music lovers, "Jazz in July" will surely make you tap your feet.
74. Visit Breckenridge's Riverwalk center for classics in the summer.
75. Drive thru the tunnel of aspens over Boreas pass, in the summer photograph the many wildflowers, or in the fall get your photo opps with the amazing colors of the season.
76. Visit the unique shops in the Victorian town of Breckenridge.
77. Watch the world cup races while in town.
78. Browse through the "Parade of Homes" in September, get decorating ideas and look through various floorplans to find your dream home. Find out more at Summit County Builders.org.
79. Zoom down the water slide at Silverthorne's Recreation Center.
80. Work-out at Silverthorne, Breckenridge or Keystone's Rec Centers.
81. Soar above the clouds on your own balloon trip.
82. Try your luck in the ice melting contest. (Guess what date and time the clock will fall through the ice on Lake Dillon)
83. Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy on one of Summit County's beautiful hiking trails.
84. Enjoy a weekend of "Music and Mozart" in Breckenridge.
85. Drive up Swan Mountain Road to Sapphire Point and breathe in fresh air and the best viewpoint for Lake Dillon and the surrounding areas,
86. Cross-country ski at Breckenridge, Frisco or Keystone's Nordic centers.
87. Strap on your snowshoes for the 5K or 10K Snowshoe Shuffle. (Snowshoe Race)
88. In the summer, race down the Alpine slide at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
89. Wind your way through the "Amazing" Maze in Breckenridge.
90. For the adventurous snow and thrill seekers, go heli-skiing.
91. Go on a snowmobile trip at Tiger Run.
92. Search out old mines on your own, or go on a mine tour at Tiger Run or Country Boy Mines.
93. Return to the past at the historic park in Breckenridge.
94. Attend a walking tour of Breckenridge, or do it yourself and ride the trolley.
95. Go searching for the perfect wooden carved bear for your home.
96. Expand your education through a outdoor class with Colorado Mountain College.
97. For the art minded, make your own Summit County Souvenir at Ready Paint Fire! ( a do it yourself ceramics studio), or purchase a local artist piece at one of the studios in town.
98. Catch a band at Sherpa and Yeti's in Breckenridge.
99. Can you play cards and ride your bike at the same time? If you can, enter the Breckenridge Fat Tire Poker Race.
100. Purchase a duck to race in the duck race in Breckenridge, you could win some great prices!
101. Purchase a mountain property from Keats so you can enjoy these fun activities all the time.